CAHPERD State Council
on Adapted Physical Education (SCAPE)
The CAHPERD State Council on Adapted Physical Education (SCAPE) is the working body of the Adapted Physical Education Section of the General Division of the California Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (CAHPERD). It's purpose is to:
- Solicit and distribute applications, solicit and approve the director and sponsors, and provide support or assistance to the Conference Director(s), Chairs, and Committee for the National Adapted Physical Education Conference.
- Recommend/plan session topics for the National Adapted Physical Education Conference annual state CAPERD conference.
- Recommend, initiate, and/or carry out projects, publications, or conferences appropriate to the needs and interest of the Adapted Physical Education Section membership.
- Maintain the State Council on Adapted Physical Education (SCAPE) network.
- Update and provide current information to higher education, school districts, California Department of Education, and SELPA's (Special Education Local Plan Area) and/or other organizations and agencies as needed to enable them to encourage/promote the Adapted Physical Education Guidelines, Physical Education Framework, and other pertinent documents and programs that exemplify the established credential process.
- Solicit nominations and select recipients for the awards and scholarships.
- Solicit representation throughout California for membership on the State Council.